Writing & Essay Editing Resources
When you’re delving into the world of essay writing, you can get help from online sources that assist beginning writers in planning and executing their work, whether it’s an academic paper, a business essay, or even an informal piece of writing.
These sites will help you with a lot of the mechanics of a good essay, including your tone and word choices, the overall construction of your paragraphs, and the writing style you choose.
Some of these sources can also help deal with your ‘plot line’, the journey you take on your way through a particular essay to explain or demonstrate something to the reader. The way you move through an essay is a huge part of both keeping your focus and keeping the reader engaged while you tell a story, make a point, or demonstrate a theory or idea.
In addition to www.EssayEdge.com browse these links and take the best of the advice they have to offer you for your writing future.
Organizing an Essay
- Best Essay Tips helps with some of the organizational aspects of a great essay, helping students develop great papers with easy-to-follow structure. http://www.bestessaytips.com/
- For more on good organization, look to Essay-Paper, a resource for structuring your writing and getting it looking its best. http://www.essay-paper.net/essay_writing_tips.html
- Dennis G. Jerz offers tips on a timed essay here. http://jerz.setonhill.edu/writing/academic/timed_tips.htm
- At the International Student’s General Essay Writing Tips, you can find lots of detailed instructions for putting together an essay, from the background to the finished product. http://www.internationalstudent.com/essay_writing/essay_tips.shtml
- Get more help with research papers and tips on collecting your source material at Essay 2 Review. http://www.essay2review.com/
Help with Overall Design:
- The Power to Learn site showcases some of the established essay criteria of leading educational program Kaplan, a company helping college students and others hone their skills.
The range of guides at BUBL LINK will help you with designing your essay, and with some issues of grammar and punctuation use, to make sure your writing is presentable. Get advice on how to plan, sample essays, and more, from detail work to the overall development of your ideas.
- For general guidelines for writing essays, try this Guide to Writing a Basic Essay. http://members.tripod.com/lklivingston/essay/
- Term Papers Monthly offers more tips on essay design. http://www.termpapersmonthly.com/essays/75902.html
College Essay Tips
- Writing a college application essay? Check out these helpful tips from Villanova: http://www.villanova.edu/artsci/college/academics/curf/resources/
- Get more college essay writing tips at College Board, where tips pages get into the nuts and bolts of what makes a college essay work and what strategies will work best to make your writing have an effect on your intended audience. http://www.collegeboard.com/student/apply/essay-skills/index.html
Each of these pages can get you pointed in the right direction, but it’s up to you to synthesize the advice that you get into one skill set that you can use, from planning your work to the writing, and the self-editing to make your writing shine. As you browse these sites, jot down tips that stand out to you, and then put them to use when you’re at the keyboard to overcome problems like writer’s block or indecision and confusion. Voila! Come out with a finished masterpiece that reads great from beginning to end!