Residency Personal Statement and Application Essay Services
Dental schools, medical schools, nursing schools, residency programs, pharmacy programs, veterinary schools, and related programs all share one thing in common: an extraordinarily competitive application process. Give yourself an edge with personalized admissions writing guidance from the Harvard, Yale, and other Ivy-League graduate editors at EssayEdge.
Best for those with a final essay–ensures your essay is error-free before you submit it
- Your essay will be 100% free of spelling, grammatical and mechanical errors
- Email follow-up with your editor post-review
- 48-hour turnaround
Most popular–combines proofreading with an expert critique
- Includes Proofreading package
- Constructive critique with detailed advice for how to make your essay more compelling and relevant
Most comprehensive & best value—from initial brainstorm to polished drafts in 2.5 weeks.
- Includes Standard package
- One brainstorming and outlining phone session prior to your first edit and critique
- 7 days of unlimited email support from your editor following your first session
- An additional phone session with your editor following the first revision
- 7 days of unlimited email support from your editor following your first edit
- Second edit and constructive critique
|WORD COUNT + PRICES|
|1,201 - 1,800||$129||$239||$479|
|1,801 - 2,400||$159||$279||$529|
|24-hr rush||$59||$59||Can't rush the awesomeness|
Have an essay over 2,400 words? You can easily submit a longer essay – your base package price will be the rate of the 1,801-2,400 package, plus $10 per every 100 words thereafter. This option is available for each Proofreading, Standard and Premier.
- With the increase in competition, application essays are more important than ever
- Dedicated team of Ivy-League graduate editors spend hours on YOUR essay
- Reviews are 100% free of grammar and spelling errors...guaranteed
- 24 or 48-hour turnaround time... you decide
- Proven history of helping thousands of students with their individual essay needs
"I just received another invitation for an interview, this time at one of my "reach" schools. I'm sure that my personal statement helped me a lot and want to thank my editor. She helped me improve things a lot and was great at answering all of my questions."— Kelly, Accepted at University of Massachusetts Medical School
A Residency Personal Statement Differs from a Med School Personal Statement
At EssayEdge, we understand that residency applications are not the same as medical school applications. Our highly trained editors pride themselves on being able to tailor their advice based on your particular circumstances, whether you’re applying to a residency in internal medicine, radiology, or any other specialty. We provide top-of-the-line help with your admissions essay so that you can give yourself the best possible chance of admission to your target program and field. Your residency essay is the one place where you will be able to speak to the admissions committee on a more intimate level and share your passion for your particular specialty. You need to explain what interests you about it, what you’ve already done in it, and what you plan to do moving forward. The only way to effectively convey all of this information is in a dynamic, unique residency personal statement.
However, don’t forget that your med school personal statement can be a great place to get ideas for your residency personal statement. In fact, it’s a great idea to go back and review your med school essays before you sit down to write your residency application. Doing so can be an excellent way to start your brainstorming, as you can see how you’ve changed through medical school and focus on what you’ve accomplished and what you now want to do in your new essay.
Just Like a Med School Personal Statement, Your Residency Essay is Vital
How can a single essay, whether a med school personal statement or one for a residency program, have this much impact on your application? Simply put, a residency admissions essay is the one part of your application you control entirely. It’s not an impersonal number like grades, nor is it influenced by any outside opinions. It’s a direct line between you and the admissions committee, which means it’s a perfect place for you to tell a compelling story about what drives you to build a career in your particular field. In doing so, however, you need to make sure to:
- Share what interested you in this specialty in the first place
- Touch on specific accomplishments in the field without writing a resume in essay form
- Lay out a clear plan for the future without sounding fake
- Be original and avoid clichés
EssayEdge can help you with all of these elements whether you are just starting to brainstorm or you already have a lengthy draft of your residency personal statement. Even if you wrote a great med school personal statement, it’s extremely important to do the same when time comes for your residency.
Have questions about our essay editing services?
Give us a call at 877-338-7772 (inside the U.S.) or 609-896-8669 (outside the U.S.) (9 am – 9 pm Eastern Time/7days a week).