College Application Essays
Application essays are among the most important parts of college applications today, and with good reason — it’s your opportunity to show admissions officers why you deserve a spot in next year’s class. Don’t leave it to chance. Enlist the expert support of one of our Ivy-League editors, including Harvard and Yale graduates, and know that they’ll coach you to write a rock star essay that gets noticed and helps to improve your chances as a candidate.
Best for those with a final essay–ensures your essay is error-free before you submit it
- Your essay will be 100% free of spelling, grammatical and mechanical errors
- Email follow-up with your editor post-review
- 48-hour turnaround
Most popular–combines proofreading with an expert critique
- Includes Proofreading package
- Constructive critique with detailed advice for how to make your essay more compelling and relevant
Most comprehensive & best value—from initial brainstorm to polished drafts in 2.5 weeks.
- Includes Standard package
- One brainstorming and outlining phone session prior to your first edit and critique
- 7 days of unlimited email support from your editor following your first session
- An additional phone session with your editor following the first revision
- 7 days of unlimited email support from your editor following your first edit
- Second edit and constructive critique
|WORD COUNT + PRICES|
|1,201 - 1,800||$129||$239||$479|
|1,801 - 2,400||$159||$279||$529|
|24-hr rush||$59||$59||Can't rush the awesomeness|
Have an essay over 2,400 words? You can easily submit a longer essay – your base package price will be the rate of the 1,801-2,400 package, plus $10 per every 100 words thereafter. This option is available for each Proofreading, Standard and Premier.
- With the increase in competition, application essays are more important than ever
- Dedicated team of Ivy-League graduate editors spend hours on YOUR essay
- Reviews are 100% free of grammar and spelling errors...guaranteed
- 24 or 48-hour turnaround time... you decide
- Proven history of helping thousands of students with their individual essay needs
"A friend used EssayEdge last year and got in at all of her chosen schools. That's why I used it this year and I must say that I'm glad I did. I've been accepted early and couldn't be happier. Thanks so much!"— Baij, Accepted at Yale
College Application Essays are More Important than Ever
Your test scores and grades may be good, but so are those of many other applicants. In fact, the average scores at many of the top institutions in the nation are remarkably high. Because of that, plus the fact that some colleges no longer even require standardized test scores, the admissions landscape has changed drastically for college applicants in the past decade. Today, college application essays have become the most influential component of the application process in many ways. Your college admissions essays are your best opportunity to communicate directly with the admissions officials, who look to college essays to find reasons to select one candidate over another. When you’re reviewing files from two candidates with equally impressive scores and grades, and you only have room for one, you have to use something to make your decision. That’s where essays come in.
What you share of yourself in your college application essay reflects not only your qualifications but also your individuality and uniqueness. A great essay is a compelling story that is written well; because of that, it draws the reader in and leaves him or her feeling like he has truly learned something special about you when finished reading. If your essay is anything less than that, you’re not maximizing your chance of admission.
Great College Admissions Essays Generate Interest in Your Applications
A university application essay that effectively articulates your aspirations and career goals ensures that you stand out from other applicants. In doing so, however, you also need to avoid clichés – nothing sinks an otherwise-strong essay faster than overused content. The best way to avoid mistakes of this nature is to keep your content as specific and personal as possible. No matter what you’re discussing in your college application essays, be sure that the information you’re providing is intimately connected to you.
Sharing real-life experiences in your college personal statement makes for compelling reading and underscores what you would bring to a college campus. Use your admission essay to make that personal connection and your application will stand out to the admissions officer who reads it. Considering that many admissions officials will review dozens or even hundreds of applications a day, standing out from the crowd can massively improve your chance of admission.
Use EssayEdge's expertise to bring you closer to getting admitted to the college of your choice. Remember, improving your college application essays could be the difference between an acceptance and rejection when decisions are sent out.
Have questions about our essay editing services?
Give us a call at 877-338-7772 (inside the U.S.) or 609-896-8669 (outside the U.S.) (9 am – 9 pm Eastern Time/7days a week).
College personal statement ∙ College essay ∙ College admission essay ∙ College application essay ∙ College essay tips ∙ College entrance essays ∙ Clichés in College Essay Examples ∙ How to Use Sample College Application Essays ∙ Things to Notice about College Essay Samples
* To receive the 50% discount on a second edit, second edit must be purchased at the same time as the Standard package, and may only be used for the essays which the Standard package was purchased. Second edit may only be used with the same editor who provided the primary review with the Standard package.