When writing your statement of purpose graduate school, you should be thinking about your conclusion while you are writing your introduction. The two most important components of any statement of purpose for graduate school are inevitably linked. The introduction should present the ideas which define the theme of the statement and which will be reiterated and summarized in the concluding paragraph.
The conclusion of a statement of purpose graduate school can be used to remind the reader about the highlights of the essay by restating them. Bringing the purpose of the statement full circle can be very rewarding, both literally and in fact.
Important Things to Remember about the Conclusion to a Statement of Purpose for Graduate School
- The conclusion is the last thing the reader will remember about your essay.
- The conclusion should be a summary of the highlights of your statement of purpose for graduate school.
- The conclusion should include the main points of the statement of purpose.
- The conclusion should be as well-constructed and grammatically correct as everything else in the Statement of Purpose.
- Carefully review the conclusion to be certain that it reflects the strongest points in your statement of purpose graduate school.
“How should I conclude my statement of purpose?” is a question asked frequently by candidates writing a statement of purpose for graduate school. This question cannot be asked in isolation. The conclusion is developed out of the text of the graduate school statement of purpose. The conclusion restates the most important points of the essay, summarizing and reviewing them, for the reader.
The purpose of a strong conclusion, also, is to use the details and information included in the statement to confirm the progression of the theme from introduction through the body of the essay to the conclusion. The details in the body of the essay should support the conclusion. The conclusion of the statement of purpose for graduate school can be restated in an informative way, to vary the ideas presented in the introduction.
The conclusion of the statement of purpose graduate school is as important as the introduction to the statement. The conclusion is the last impression the admissions committee will have of your statement and of you. A solid conclusion to the ideas developed within the statement of purpose for graduate school could leave a lasting positive impression on the reader.